In parts of the planet where natural stone is out there and accessible, it's a well-liked choice for artifacts. As an alternative to natural stone, manufacturers have developed beautiful manufactured stone products, lighter, stronger, less costly, and easier to customize and produce.
Whether quarried or cast, stone products must suit modern building codes, standards, and specifications, which may require the support of a professional stone testing laboratory.
Natural and made stone testing services
Element evaluates your natural and made stone products to satisfy building codes, quality assurance specs, industry, and regulatory standards. Our stone testing services include subsequent standards:
1. ASTM C97 / C97M - 09: Standard Test Methods for Absorption and Bulk relative density of Dimension Stone. These test methods cover the tests for determining the absorption and bulk relative density of all kinds of dimension stone, except slate.
2. ASTM C99 / C99M - 09: Standard Test Method for Modulus of Rupture of Dimension Stone. This test method covers the determination of the modulus of rupture of all kinds of dimension stones except slate.
3. ASTM C170 / C170M - 09: Standard Test Method for Compressive Strength of Dimension Stone. This test method covers the sampling, preparation of specimens, and determination of the compressive strength of dimension stone.
4. ASTM C880 / C880M - 09: Standard Test Method for Flexural Strength of Dimension Stone. This test method covers the procedure for determining the flexural strength of stone by use of an easy beam using quarter-point loading.
5. ASTM C1352 / C1352M - 09: Standard Test Method for Flexural Modulus of Elasticity of Dimension Stone. This test method covers the procedure for determining the flexural modulus of elasticity of stone by employing a simple beam with quarter-point loading.
6. ASTM C1354 / C1354M - 09: Standard Test Method for Strength of Individual Stone Anchorages in Dimension Stone. This test method provides procedures for determining the last word strength of an assembly consisting of stone with a mechanical anchor (anchorage).
Different tests on stone are essential to know how one excels the other. You will find tiles testing laboratories in all parts of the world nowadays, and they provide granite test reports, ceramic tile testing standards, water absorption, and durability test of stone. Natural stone testing laboratories are the next step towards better and stronger building material for your homes.