Luxury vinyl planks are the perfect modern-day replacement for carpets. While carpets have been a popular choice for the average American household, more and more people are choosing vinyl flooring over carpet these days. There are many reasons to prefer vinyl plank flooring, from health reasons to aesthetic concerns.
Not all carpets are the same though. High pile carpets and low pile carpets are suited to different environments.
● High pile is for you if you prefer the luxurious look. They give your home that warm and fuzzy ambiance that many people look for. The fibers are taller and looser in this type of carpets. Laminate flooring over carpet has problems in case of high pile carpets, and is not recommended in most scenarios.
● Low pile, or short pile, carpets are perfect for people with allergy issues because of their short carpet fibers and tighter loops. These carpets are easier to clean and are perfect for rooms where furniture is shifted frequently because the smoother surface makes movement easy. You can also laminate over short pile carpets if the material of the carpet is sturdy.
Vinyl vs Laminate
Vinyl and laminate floors are among the most popular flooring options in the US today. Both are budget-friendly options for your floor, and while choosing between them it is important to keep a few factors in mind.
● Vinyl flooring deals better with moisture than laminate. This in turn makes vinyl long-lasting and more durable.
● Both vinyl and laminate come with very little maintenance hassle. Just vacuuming, mopping, and sweeping is more than enough.
● Laminate floors do not last as long as vinyl. Laminate is made of synthetic material that resembles the look of real hardwood. But water can cause serious damage to them and reduce their lifespan significantly.
● Vinyl floors are made up of plastic, and its capability to deal with moisture is superior. Even if water sits on vinyl surfaces for a long time, the floor would not be damaged.
● Vinyl combines aesthetics and functionality. If you are looking for long-lasting flooring options, vinyl should definitely be on your list.
Luxury Vinyl Planks
Luxury vinyl planks (LVPs) are a great choice for their durability, water-resistant properties, affordability, and aesthetics. It is also easy to install and requires lesser maintenance work than carpets. They come in a range of styles so that you can choose the one best suited for your purpose.
After installing LVPs, you can forget worrying about scratches and scuffs. Their sturdy performance makes them a better choice than hardwood and stone surfaces if your floor is prone to scratch marks.
Allergy issues are pretty common nowadays, and as a result, more and more people are steering away from carpets. The hard surface of luxury vinyl planks does not hold on to dust or pet’s fur like carpets.
Investing in your floor is an important decision. Keeping a lot of modern-day factors in mind, it would not be an exaggeration to say that LVPs are an ideal choice for your floors.